CONTACT: Laura Mayes, (210) 207-1337
Carlos Valenzuela, (210) 207-3919
SAN ANTONIO (March 5, 2021) — On February 22, 2021, Mayor Ron Nirenberg announced the formation of the Select Committee on the 2021 Winter Storm Preparedness and Response. The committee, comprised of City Councilmembers and community stakeholders, will study the preparedness and response of the public utilities and make recommendations on future preparedness efforts. The committee will hold its first meeting on Friday, March 5, 2021 at 10 a.m.
The meeting will be held in Room 206 of the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 900 E. Market, San Antonio, Texas 78205. The meeting will be broadcast on TVSA, www.sanantonio.gov/TVSA, AT&T channel 99, Grande channel 20, Spectrum channel 21, digital antenna 16.1 or by dialing (210) 207-5555.
- Chair - Reed Williams, former City Councilmember
- Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia, City Council District 4
- Ana Sandoval, City Council District 7
- Manny Pelaez, City Council District 8
- Clayton Perry, City Council District 10
- Lisa Tatum, former assistant criminal district attorney and president of Texas Bar Association
- General Edward A. Rice Jr. (RET)
To protect the health of the public and limit the potential spread of COVID-19, health and safety protocols to include on-site screening, face masks, and social distancing will be in place, in accordance with the current Mayor's Emergency Declaration and Health Directives.
More information about the committee can be found at www.sanantonio.gov.