The purpose of the Business, Retention and Expansion (BRE) program is to:
- Retain and expand local business in key industry clusters;
- Encourage job growth in the local corporate base; and
- Provide technical assistance to local companies.
Under leadership of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, the BRE program demonstrates a coordinated and concerted effort among the community’s economic development partners (City of San Antonio, Bexar County, CPS Energy, Workforce Solutions Alamo, the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce and others) to keep our valued employers engaged and successfully operating in San Antonio.
PHOTO CAPTION: Groundbreaking at Security Service Federal Credit Union (SSFCU)'s new $120 million Corporate Campus location on March 24, 2015. The BRE program assisted in retaining and expanding SSFCU's Headquarters in San Antonio allowing the company to retain 747 full-time jobs and bring 200 new high-paying full-time jobs to the area.
In FY 2015, the BRE program:
- Visited 80 companies.
- Addressed thirteen (13) road, infrastructure and workforce related issues for various local companies.
- Assisted in retaining and expanding nine (9) companies in the San Antonio area.
- Retained 1,040 jobs and created 1,302 jobs.