Investor benefits include:
- Deferral of capital gains tax until 2026;
- Reduction of tax liability on deferred capital gains
- 10% if the investment is held at least 5 years
- 15% if the investment is held at least 7 years
- Tax exemption on appreciation of the invested gains if held for at least 10 years.
LOCAL INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
The City of San Antonio offers several Incentive Programs for development and business investment such as Tax Abatement, Fee Waiver Program, Center City Housing Incentive Policy and Tax Increment Financing. Please visit the Program’s site for more information.
The City of San Antonio is committed to maximizing outcomes for our community and is actively engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders to provide information and coordinate projects in Opportunity Zones. The Economic Development Department has assigned an Opportunity Zones Manager to lead the City’s strategy and serve as a liaison to Opportunity Zones projects to ensure efficiency and ease in navigating city processes.