The purpose of the Business, Retention and Expansion (BRE) program is to:
- Retain and expand local business in key industry clusters;
- Encourage job growth in the local corporate base; and
- Provide technical assistance to local companies.
Under leadership of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, the BRE program demonstrates a coordinated and concerted effort among the community’s economic development partners (City of San Antonio, Bexar County, CPS Energy, Workforce Solutions Alamo, the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce and others) to keep our valued employers engaged and successfully operating in San Antonio.
PHOTO CAPTION: Groundbreaking at Security Service Federal Credit Union (SSFCU)'s new $120 million Corporate Campus location on March 24, 2015. The BRE program assisted in retaining and expanding SSFCU's Headquarters in San Antonio allowing the company to retain 747 full-time jobs and bring 200 new high-paying full-time jobs to the area.
In 2014, the BRE program:
- Visited 58 companies
- Addressed road, infrastructure and workforce related issues
- Assisted in the retention and expansion of three major Fortune 500 corporations, including Microsoft, CST Brands, United Parcel Service (UPS).
- Retained 1,194 jobs and created 1,507 jobs