About the Board
The Edwards Aquifer Protection Program is overseen by the Conservation Advisory Board (CAB). The CAB is comprised of nine members appointed by the San Antonio City Council for two-year terms. City Ordinance provides for nominees from the following subdivisions, agencies or organizations: Texas Parks and Wildlife, Edwards Aquifer Authority, San Antonio River Authority, San Antonio Water System, Parks & Recreation Advisory Board, The Economic Development Foundation, Medina County, Uvalde County, and the director of the San Antonio Parks & Recreation Department.
The Board was created on April 6, 2000, to provide input and advice to City Council on the development of the approved sales tax, Proposition No. 3 entitled "Park Development and Expansion Venue Project." The Board continued in this capacity when, on May 7, 2005, voters approved Proposition No. 1, the "Edwards Aquifer Protection Venue Project," which continued the City of San Antonio's program of protecting the Edwards Aquifer.
Current Board Agenda
Current Conservation Advisory Board (CAB) Agenda
Current CAB Members
- Francine Romero, Chair Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Jessica Alderson, Texas Parks and Wildlife
- Rogelio Garcia, The Economic Development Foundation
Xavier Urrutia, San Antonio Parks & Recreation Director
- Brock Curry, Edwards Aquifer Authority
- Russell Persyn, Medina County
- John Chisholm, San Antonio River Authority
Vacant, Uvalde County
- Scott Halty, San Antonio Water System