On February 22, 2021, Mayor Ron Nirenberg announced the formation of the Committee on Emergency Preparedness. The committee, comprised of City Councilmembers and external community stakeholders, will study the preparedness and response of the public utilities and make recommendations on future preparedness efforts.
- Chair - Reed Williams, former City Councilmember
- Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia, City Council District 4
- Ana Sandoval, City Council District 7
- Manny Pelaez, City Council District 8
- Clayton Perry, City Council District 10
- Lisa Tatum, former assistant criminal district attorney and president of Texas Bar Association
- General Edward A. Rice Jr. (RET)
The committee is inviting residents to ask questions or share comments with the committee. Residents can participate by:
Visit the Live on the Web TVSA web page at 10 a.m. on Fridays to stream the next Committee on Emergency Preparedness meeting.
The committee will hold public meetings on Fridays at 10 a.m.
The meeting location is subject to change and will be posted in a meeting notice made available prior to the meeting each week. The meeting will be broadcast on TVSA, AT&T channel 99, Grande channel 20, Spectrum channel 21, digital antenna 16.1 or by dialing 210.207.5555.
To protect the health of the public and limit the potential spread of COVID-19, health and safety protocols to include on-site screening, face masks, and social distancing will be in place, in accordance with the current Mayor's Emergency Declaration and Health Directives.
View past meetings