Employee Health Stations
Being your healthiest should be easy, rewarding, and even fun. Free and convenient to access, higi gives you a powerful way to understand and track your vitals, access resources, and connect to the care you need. With higi, you have a clearer path to take a more active role in meeting your personal health and wellness goals on your terms.
The free higi stations enable users to measure their weight, body mass index (BMI), pulse, blood pressure, and body fat percentage and are located at nine City worksites along with local H-E-B and Sam’s Club stores.
Easily keep track of your biometrics and activity on the higi mobile app. Your info is in your pocket, so you can access your numbers anywhere.
|Brooks City Base
||8039 Challenger Drive
||Public Safety Answering Point
|Municipal Plaza Building
||114 W. Commerce
|Northwest Service Center
||6939 W. Loop 1604 N.
|Public Safety Headquarters
||315 S. Santa Rosa Street
||2nd Floor Lobby
||5800 Enrique M. Barrera Parkway
||Community Fitness Center
|Southeast Service Center
||1318 S.E. Loop 410
|Southwest Service Center
||110 Callaghan Road
||All San Antonio area locations
||usually by the pharmacy
||All San Antonio area locations
The City of San Antonio recognizes the importance of breastfeeding and complies with all state and federal laws as they relate to workplace breastfeeding or breast milk expression. The City has offered a workplace milk expression program for its breastfeeding employees since 2011.
Per Administrative Directive 4.15, Workplace Milk Expression for Breastfeeding Employees, the City accommodates the breastfeeding–related needs of employees for up to one year from the birth of a child, including access to appropriate facilities, time, and assistance with equipment and storage.
- Facility accommodation: Private room that is free from intrusion and has nearby access to sinks
- Hospital-grade breast pumps: Pumps can be checked out and used in City facilities.*
- Storage: The City will make every effort to provide access to nearby refrigerators for milk storage.
*Breast pump kits will need to be purchased separately.
If you have any questions about this A.D., please contact a member of your department’s Employee Relations Team. You can also contact the Employee Wellness Program at 210.207.WELL (9355) for more information.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Special Beginnings maternity program supports you from early pregnancy until six (6) weeks after delivery. Special Beginnings is designed to help you better understand and manage your pregnancy. You will receive the support you need through every stage of pregnancy, including:
- Pregnancy risk factor identification and ongoing communication/monitoring
- Education material covering pregnancy and infant care topics
- Personal telephone contact with program staff from early pregnancy until six weeks after delivery
- Access to an online resource with maternity tools, articles and information
- Assistance in managing high-risk conditions such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia
To access the site, log into Blue Access for Members (BAM) by visiting bcbstx.com and click on the “My Health” tab. You may also call 1.888.421.7781, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (CST), to enroll in or ask questions about the program.
City of San Antonio Baby Café Program
Centers for Disease Control Facts and Recommendations
Breastfeeding Guidelines & Recommendations
Onsite Health Coaching
The City of San Antonio’s Employee Wellness Program offers health coaching services through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas. Health coaching services are complimentary to all full-time civilian City employees, regardless of your insurance carrier.
The onsite Health Coaches will assist with the following services:
- Educate and assist with developing personal and measurable health behavior goals and a plan to achieve your goals.
- Provide preventative health education information based on your risk factors.
- Motivate you to adopt healthy lifestyle behaviors and make better health care decisions.
- Help you understand your wellness benefits and recommend Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas programs that may help improve your health and health care costs.
- Offer health and wellness classes in a group setting (weight loss, exercise, nutrition, stress).
Christopher is a health and wellness professional with more than 7 years of experience in health education and personal training, specializing in athletic performance and rehabilitation. Throughout his career, he has been passionate about educating and empowering others to achieve a higher level of personal wellness. Christopher has extensive experience working with both military and civilian clients to achieve their goals in weight management, sports performance, and nutrition planning, as well as focusing on overall wellness through stress reduction and sleep improvement.
Christopher's educational background includes:
- Master of Science in exercise science and health promotion from California University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts in exercise science from Metropolitan State University-Denver
- Certified Exercise Physiologist - American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist and Performance Enhancement Specialist - National Academy of Sports Medicine
He can be reached via email or by phone at 210.207.9355.
Keith is a health and wellness professional with more than 13 years of experience in personal training, one-on-one health coaching, and health education. Throughout his career, he has worked in various areas of health and wellness including strategic planning and implementation of health promotion activities, program management, and community involvement.
As a collegiate athlete at Northwestern State University, Keith obtained many awards, and was recently inducted into the "N" Club Hall of Fame. After college, he played in the NFL for six years. Keith is passionate about being a catalyst for positive personal improvement by supporting, promoting, and encouraging healthy lifestyles. He is very excited to begin his new journey with the City of San Antonio.
Keith's educational background includes:
- Bachelor of Science in health and exercise science from Northwestern State University
- Integrative Nutrition Certified Health Coach
- Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist - CHWA
He can be reached via email or by phone at 210.207.9357.
The Health Coaches main office is located at 111 Soledad, 16th floor of the Riverview Towers.
All information shared with the Health Coaches is strictly confidential and will not be shared with the City of San Antonio. This program is not a replacement for your primary care physician.
WW at Work
Join a WW at Work Group!
As a participant in a City of San Antonio sponsored weight loss program, civilian City employees are eligible to receive reimbursement up to 50% of program costs.
Reimbursed funds are subject to payroll taxes. To be eligible, recipients must:
- Have documented participation in 80% of scheduled meetings;
- Submit payment for the program in advance;
- Be a permanent, full-time civilian City of San Antonio employee throughout completion of the program; and
- Submit the WW at Work Program Reimbursement Form and copy of your receipt within 60 days of the end date of the program.
- 26-week series: $242 per person
Note: This is the price for participating in the WW at Work Program before the City's reimbursement. Price is based on number of participants and duration of series.
Remember, you can start your own Weight Watchers at Work group in your department. You must have someone volunteer to be the site coordinator and have at least 15 people participating! To start your own group or join one of the existing groups below, contact the Employee Wellness Program at 210.207.WELL (9355).
Current Weight Watchers at Work locations
|Riverview Towers Building
||111 Soledad, Ste. 100
Habanero Conference Room, 1st Floor
Time: 12:15 - 1:15 p.m.
Open House: December 5
New Classes Start: January 16
Wellness program and services available anytime.