List of current Policy Procedure and Standards documents that will assist your organization in complying with regulatory requirements and City Policies.
The City of San Antonio annually conducts a process to select types of activities to be funded with CDBG and HOME funds through the annual Action Plan. Once activities have been identified, the City shall release Requests for Applications (RFA) corresponding to the funded activity. See the steps for the application and selection process:
- Publishing the RFA
- Accepting the initial application in response to RFA
- Evaluation and Scoring of Application
- Rank and Selection
- Feasibility Analysis
- Commitment of Funds
- Due Diligence
- Contract Execution
CHDO Operating Expense Funding Request for Applications
Neighborhood and Housing Services Department (NHSD) will be issuing a Request for Applications (RFA) for Operating Expense Funding in the amount of $150,000 for qualified Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO). CHDO Operating Expense funds can be utilized for salaries, benefits, employee training and travel, rent, equipment and other operating expenses. The RFA will be issued on August 9th; a pre-submittal conference will be held on August 16th; and applications are due on September 13th.
- NHSD is seeking applications from local non-profit affordable housing providers requesting HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funding for eligible operating expenses.
- Eligible operating expenses include: salaries, wages, and other employee compensation; employee education and training; rent, utilities, communication, taxes, insurance, and other costs associated with operating nonprofit; and/or equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Designed to provide operating funds to CHDOs based on financial need and expectation that applicant will utilize funding within 24 months of award.
- Applicants must meet the Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) Certification requirements as described in the 2013 HOME Final Rule.
- There is $150,000 available in FY 2020 for eligible applications selected.
- Applications are available beginning on Friday, August 9, 2019.
- Pre-submittal conference is open to applicants on Friday, August 16, 2019 at 2 PM at the Neighborhood and Housing Services Department Main Conference Room at 1400 S. Flores.
- Applications are due Friday, September 13, 2019.
Multi-Family Rental Program
The City utilizes HOME funds for multi-family development activities intended to support rehabilitation and/or new construction activities to leverage with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and other affordable rental programs.
Single Family New Construction Program
- Scattered new Construction
- Sub Division New Construction
- Housing Design Standards
- Income Guidelines
- Applicable Housing Policy