The Homebuyer Education Class will discuss the home buying process to include:
- How to get a mortgage loan from a lender
- Understanding your credit report and credit score
- Shopping for a home with help of a real estate agent
- Ordering a home inspection report
- Completing the transaction with the services of a title company
- Overview of the City of San Antonio's down payment assistance programs
This class is offered for educational purposes ONLY. Attending this class does not automatically qualify someone for any type of financial assistance.
Completing the course will provide you more detailed information about down payment assistance programs available to you, so that you may go forward and seek opportunities that may be right for you.
It is only necessary that 1 person per household attend the event to receive credit for completing the class.
- The class is open to the general public and there is a $25 fee.
- Cancellations are possible up to 1 day before the event for a refund.
- Class materials will be provided.
Generations Federal Credit Union-Training Center
6000 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78238
Reserve ticket through Eventbrite.
The City of San Antonio receives grant funds through the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (the "HOME Program"), a federal program administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD"), to expand the supply and access to decent, safe, sanitary, and affordable housing.