About the program
Metro Health’s Dental Program promotes oral health strategies proven to positively impact residents across their lifespan, such as fluoridation of the local water system. Additionally, the program monitors the oral health status of various at-risk populations, identifies trends in dental disease and monitors barriers to care faced by residents.
The Dental Program manages two major projects:
- the Early Childhood Oral Health Prevention Program and
- the Miles of Smiles School-based Prevention Program
Both projects improve the oral health of children ages 0-10 through early dental disease detection and prevention.
Restoring oral health in children is a key component of all Metro Health dental projects. Program staff work closely with parents and caregivers of participants to ensure children with unmet dental needs are connected to comprehensive dental treatment, including those that are uninsured or under insured for required care.
The Metro Health Dental Program also provides oral health assessments for various community groups, conducts oral health education fairs, but most importantly links those who need urgent care without a dental home to providers who can provide the necessary services to them at little or no cost.
See a list of Medicaid Pediatric Dental Providers.
Main Number: 210.207.8841
- Teresa M. Hines, MPH · Dental Health Program Manager · 210.207.2292
- Jennifer Meyer Bankler, DDS · Dental Health Program Clinical Director · 210.207.2103
- Laura Hernandez, RDH · Head Start and Early Head Start Liaison · 210.206.5540
- Jodie Hostetter, RDH · Miles of Smiles Liaison · 210.207.8487
- Leticia Santos · Health Program Specialist / Title V Program · 210.206.5542