Air, Water and Sewage


Administrative Office (No services offered at this location)
111 Soledad, Suite 1000
San Antonio, TX 78205

See a complete listing of our Clinics & Locations.


Email Metro Health Visit Metro Health on facebook Follow Metro Health on Twitter

What are the City ordinances governing air pollution?

Air pollution is covered in Chapter 26 “Pollution Control,” Article II, of the City Code.

The definitions of air pollution sources are as follows:

 Shall mean devices for combustion of commercial waste, pathological waste or industrial process waste.

Industrial process
 Shall mean any furnace boiler, kiln, dryer, mill, mixer, crusher, silo or still used in the manufacture of metal products including iron, steel, lead, copper, brass, bronze or aluminum; mineral products including aggregate, rock, sand, cement, clinker, lime, perlite or vermiculite; petroleum products including gasoline, diesel fuel, solvents, liquefied natural gas, propane, butane or volatile organic compounds; wood products including sawdust, charcoal, pressed wood, fiber board or plywood; paper products including paperboard, cardboard or packaging; building materials including concrete, asphaltic concrete, tar roofing material, brick, tiles or blocks; chemical products including plastics, paint, fiberglass, fertilizers, pesticides of cleaning agents; feed for other than human consumption to include meat byproducts, grains or seeds; food products for human consumption including flour, nuts, or beverages including beer, wine, or liquor; recycled scrap metal including that from automobiles, appliances or beverage cans.

Petroleum storage and loading facility
Shall include each storage tank and each loading rack at any terminal for commercial dispensing of petroleum products.

 Shall include use of any gun or other means at any fixed location to blast with sand, grit, or other abrasive.

Spray painting
 Shall include any room, booth, enclosure or yard at any fixed location used for spray painting of vehicles, appliances or building materials. (Code 1959, § 3A-1; Ord. No. 55812, § 4, 9-16-82)

Air Pollution Source Complaint

Phone: 3-1-1 or 210.207.6000 email icon

Which State agency oversees air pollution in general or air pollution sources?
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Water Sampling at Your Residence

If you feel that your water has a quality issue and you are on a municipal supply, please contact your purveyor (e.g. SAWS, Bexar Met, etc.).

Metro Health’s lab conducts only bacterial testing on water samples for a fee of $25. A sample kit can be picked up at our Laboratory which is located at 2303 SE Military Drive, Bldg 533, San Antonio, TX 78223.

Water Potability Surveys

If you need to have a water potability survey performed, contact us.

Water Potability Survey

Water Sampling · 210.207.8887
Water Potability Survey · 210.207.8853 or email icon

City Sewer Breaks

If the sewer line breaks on your private or commercial property, please call a licensed plumber and have it repaired. In addition, please call SAWS. Then, please call Vector Control and we will respond as well by sending a Vector Control technician out to treat the area, as appropriate. Please note that we do NOT clean up raw sewage on your property.

County Sewer Breaks

Please call Bexar County Public Works.

What if my Neighbor has Raw Sewage Leaking onto my Property?

If you live in the City of San Antonio, please call 311, and if it is a sewer line break, please also contact SAWS. If the issue is taking place in Bexar County, please call Bexar County Public Works.


SAWS · 210.704.7297
Vector Control · 210.207.8853
Bexar County Public Works · 210.335.6700.