Contact: Carol Schliesinger
Public Relations Manager
SAN ANTONIO (Dec. 7, 2017) – The San Antonio Business Group on Health, a committee of the Mayor’s Fitness Council, recognized 50 local businesses who are working to improve employee health through worksite wellness initiatives.
The 2017 Healthy Workplace Recognition Program awarded employers with bronze, silver, gold, or platinum-level awards. To receive recognition, employers had to meet criteria in six categories: culture, health promotion & education, physical activity, nutrition, smoking & tobacco cessation, and value-based benefits & design.
The level of award is based on the number of activities each company implemented in the six categories. For example, bronze-level awardees had to achieve a minimum of 18 activities across these categories, while platinum-level awardees had to achieve a minimum of 72 activities.
The Healthy Workplace Recognition Program was launched in 2010. This year, more than 70,000 employees in Bexar County are impacted by these health and wellness initiatives.
Congratulations to the following awardees of the 2017 Healthy Workplace Recognition Program:
- American Diabetes Association
- Brighton Center
- City of Schertz
- CommuniCare Health Centers
- East Central Independent School District
- Frost Bank
- Morningside Ministries
- Neurosurgery & Spine Consultants
- NuStar Energy
- Port San Antonio
- San Antonio Independent School District
- United Healthcare
- Accenture Operations
- Baptist Health System
- Catto & Catto
- Cox Manufacturing
- FBD Partnership, LP
- Humana Inc.
- Mid-Coast Electric Supply, Inc.
- San Antonio Food Bank
- Texas Department of State Health Services - Public Health Region 8
- Trinity University
- University of the Incarnate Word
- UT Health San Antonio
- Valero Energy Corporation
- VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Whatabrands LLCYMCA of Greater San Antonio
- Alamo Colleges District
- Bexar County
- City of San Antonio
- CPS Energy
- esd & associates
- Galaxy Builders, LTD.
- Harland Clarke Holdings
- NatureSweet Ltd
- North East Independent School District
- Northside Independent School District
- Our Lady of the Lake University
- Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
- San Antonio Water System
- Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Spurs Sports & Entertainment
- The University of Texas at San Antonio