CONTACT: Victoria Gonzalez, 210-207-8980
Alex Sarabia, 210-207-8979
SAN ANTONIO (Jan. 11, 2019) — Mayor Ron Nirenberg announced today eight of the 31 applicants for the City Manager position will advance to the initial round of interviews.
"City Council reviewed and evaluated 31 applicants from across the country and within city government for consideration of the City Manager position," Mayor Ron Nirenberg said. "We have narrowed the list to our priority candidates and I am confident this process will result in a top-notch City Manager who will assist us in moving our city forward."
The eight applicants advancing in the process are:
- Majed Al-Ghafry, Assistant City Manager, City of Dallas
- Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager, City of San Antonio
- Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager, City of San Antonio
- Orlando Sanchez, Deputy City Manager, City of Las Vegas
- Rod Sanchez, Assistant City Manager, City of San Antonio
- Maria Villagomez, Assistant City Manager, City of San Antonio
- Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager, City of San Antonio
- Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager, City of San Antonio
Interviews will take place over two days during a Special City Council Meeting called for 1 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 14 and 9 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 900 East Market. City Council will open the meeting in Room 224, then recess into executive session to consult with the City Attorney's Office and interview the applicants. Applicants advancing to the second round of interviews will be announced in a news release on Tuesday evening. The second round of interviews is currently scheduled for a Special City Council Meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 16.
Additionally, the resumes and cover letters of all 31 original applicants for the City Manager position are posted on the City’s website: www.sanantonio.gov/hr/CareerCenter#13706899-executive.