CONTACT: Michelle Vigil Office: (210) 207-8172
SAN ANTONIO, TX – (July 26, 2019) The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) has issued an Ozone Action Day for the fourth consecutive day this week for the San Antonio area for tomorrow Saturday, July 27, 2019.
Atmospheric conditions are expected to be favorable for producing high levels of ozone air pollution in the San Antonio area tomorrow. The number of Air Quality Alert Days in 2019 is now 7. On Ozone Action Days, young children, the elderly, and those with respiratory problems, such as asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis, are especially vulnerable to the effects of air pollution and should limit outdoor activities. If you have asthma or difficulty breathing, please stay indoors.
To help keep the air healthy, residents and business are encouraged to voluntarily practice certain pollution-reducing activities such as:
- Refueling cars and trucks after 6:00 p.m.
- Avoid using the drive-thru at restaurants, go inside instead
- Turning your vehicle off instead of idling
- Setting air conditioner thermostats to a higher temperature if possible
- Carpooling or using public transportation
- Combining errands to reduce trips
Metro Health’s Air Quality Program encourages everyone to take action and help improve our City’s air quality. For more detailed information about ground-level ozone, visit our website.