Effective December 1, 2019
What is Sick and Safe Leave?
Sick and Safe Leave is a law in San Antonio that requires employees in San Antonio be given earned paid time off for use if an employee needs to be absent from work due to illness or injury, medical treatment or preventative care, domestic or sexual assault, and care of a family member. In general, it is compensated at normal rates of pay and affects employers that do not already provide comparable or more generous time off. The law is effective December 1, 2019.
Sick and Safe Leave Ordinance:
Upcoming Information sessions:
- Wednesday, October 16, 1:00 pm -3:00 pm, Urban Ecology Center at Phil Hardberger Park
- Saturday, October 19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, St. Philip's College
- Friday, October 25, 9:00 am - 10:30 am, San Antonio Food Bank
- Monday, October 28, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Pre-K 4 SA East Campus
- Tuesday, October 29, 9:00 am - 11:00 am, San Antonio Botanical Gardens
- Monday, November 4, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm, Central Library
- Thursday, November 7, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Southside Lions Senior Center
- Wednesday, November 13, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, Online Webinar
Please register for information sessions at sasickandsafeleave.eventbrite.com