5TH ANNUAL CITYWIDE CONTEST FOR OFFICIAL MLK, JR. COMMISSION ARTWORK
The MLK, Jr. Commission is excited to announce the 5th Annual Citywide Contest for Official Artwork! The selected artwork will be used as the visual representation of the 2020 theme: “DREAM. BELIEVE. UNITE. DO.”
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
Friday, November 15, 2019 (4 p.m. Central Time)
The selected artist will receive public recognition as the creator of the official 2020 San Antonio Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission artwork and an All-Access Pass for two people to all Official 2020 MLK, Jr. Commission events. A special recognition will also be given to the winning artist for his/her artwork being selected
- Contest is open to current Bexar County residents - student artists are especially encouraged to participate.
- Artwork must be a visual representation of the 2020 Commemorative Theme: “DREAM. BELIEVE. UNITE. DO.”
- Any traditional two-dimensional artistic media (painting, watercolor, photography, computer graphics, color pencil, etc.) are acceptable.
- All submissions MUST BE original artwork created by the submitter, and not currently or previously used in any other promotional or event materials.
- One individual artist per entry (no collaborations or group works, please).
- Artist should not sign artwork or identify him/herself on the art piece.
- Each submission must be accompanied by the following information secured to the back of the artwork:
- Artist Name
- Contact Information (phone number, email address and home address)
- Title of Artwork
- Art Media Used (i.e. watercolor, computer graphics, color pencil, etc.)
- The image and likeness of Martin Luther King, Jr. are copyrighted and should not be included in the submitted artwork.
- Each submission must also be accompanied with a printed and signed copy of these guidelines agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contest.
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDELINES AND AGREEMENT FORM HERE
2020 MLK Art Contest_GuidelinesConsent.pdf
Contact Leslie Chasnoff with questions or for additional information at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-207-1435