Assistant to the City Manager
John Peterek was appointed Assistant to the City Manager in January 2016. He has oversight of the Office of the City Council and provides executive level support to the Office of the City Manager.
Prior to his appointment, Mr. Peterek served for over four years as Special Projects Manager in the Office of the City Manager. In this capacity, he organized and managed weekly City Council agendas and monthly Governance Committee meeting agendas. He began with the City of San Antonio in the City Attorney’s Office, supporting the council agenda process in that office.
Mr. Peterek came to the City of San Antonio with over seven years of experience in the private and nonprofit sector. From 2007 to 2009, he served as a Peace Corps Volunteer, training teachers and supporting community capacity-building efforts in rural areas of Belize and Kiribati.
- Master of Public Affairs – University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Arts – Texas Lutheran University
Professional Memberships & Community Involvement
- Urban Management Association of South Texas
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA); Member
- Texas City Management Association, Member
- Special Projects Manager: Caitlin Krobot
- Sr. Customer Service Representative: Cindy Ybarra