Mayor Castro and Councilwoman Ivy Taylor celebrate the opening of the 1800 Broadway apartment complex, one of the many new developments bringing high quality housing to downtown San Antonio.
Two years after its launch, SA2020 produced its first community report card. It shows tremendous progress being made in areas that impact the quality of life of all San Antonians. The City has experienced dramatic improvements in reducing the teen pregnancy rate and utilizing more renewable energy.
Other successes include:
- the shortening of response times for San Antonio Fire and Police dispatches by as much as 18%;
- 100% compliance with EPA air quality standards;
- robust job growth;
- 881 new housing units downtown in 2012;
- an almost 50% reduction in the number of unsheltered San Antonians;
- and a high school graduation rate greater than 85%.
Six target areas have already met and exceeded their 2020 goals. But we are not stopping there. We are committed to moving the needle on every indicator over the next several years.
Read more about how the city is doing.