About Removing Barriers
Neighborhood and Housing Services has established a Technical Working Group on Removing Barriers to the production and preservation of Affordable Housing as recommended by the Mayor’s Housing Policy Framework:
- Strategy 1: Undertake an inclusive public process to determine standards and criteria to allow by-right zoning for housing developments in which at least 50% of the units are affordable. (Will be addressed in 2020)
- Strategy 2: Exempt affordable housing units from SAWS impact fees. (Will be addressed in late 2019/early 2020)
- Strategy 3: Revise the UDC to remove regulatory barriers to affordable housing. (Current, primary goal)
Meeting notes will be added as they become available.
full COMMITTEE meetings
- Friday, June 21, 2019 - Meeting Notes
- Monday, July 15, 2019 - Meeting Notes
- Monday, August 12, 2019 - Meeting Notes PPT
Monday, September 9, 2019 - CANCELED
- Monday, October 14, 2019
- Monday, November 11, 2019
- Monday, December 9, 2019
aCCESSORY DWELLING UNITS SUBCOMMITTEE
This subcommittee will focus on removing barriers to building Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) while respecting the neighborhood.
rEGULATORY COST BURDEN SUBCOMMITTEE
This subcommittee will review different aspects of the Unified Develop Code that could be amended to reduce the cost of development for affordable housing in areas such as storm water management, parking requirements, tree preservation, etc. A full list of proposed topics can be found in the work plan.
PUBLIC OUTREACH SUBCOMMITTEE
This subcommittee will ensure
that as discussions begin about the first two topics (Regulatory Cost Burden &
Accessory Dwelling Units) the community is well engaged and informed. This subcommittee is looking to implement the public participation guidelines in new and innovative ways.
RESOURCES & SERVICES