Neighborhood Associations & Community Organizations


The City of San Antonio maintains a listing of neighborhood associations, including voluntary associations and mandatory associations (such as HOAs or POAs). This registry reflects associations that have completed and maintained registration with the City.

  • Neighborhood Association Listing (PDF) - View contact information for Neighborhood Associations and HOAs which have registered with the City.
  • Maps - Browse maps of registered associations.
Don't forget! Update your registration. Submit completed form to

Neighborhood representatives must register and submit annual updates with NHSD to remain on the listing. The listing does not include every HOA or neighborhood organization within the City; it reflects those which have voluntarily registered with NHSD. Registration is highly encouraged, as it provides a critical link between the City and neighborhood organizations.

Read the Neighborhood Association Registry Policy (PDF).

Ready to register? Need to update your neighborhood's information? Completed forms may be emailed to or mailed to 1400 S. Flores St. San Antonio, TX 78204, attn. Neighborhoods.

For a new registration, please also include a signed copy of the adopted bylaws and a boundary map. 

For an update, please include any updated, signed bylaws, if amendments have been made since last update.

  • Form (PDF) - Add your neighborhood to the listing, or update your information.

Neighborhood Resources

Reach More Residents with a Neighborhood Meeting Sign


The City of San Antonio maintains a registry of community organizations. This registry reflects organizations that have completed and maintained registration with the City.


Completed Community Organization registration or update forms may be emailed to or mailed to 1400 S. Flores St. San Antonio, TX 78204, attn. Neighborhoods. 

For a new community organization registration, please also include a signed copy of the adopted bylaws.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Collapse All Expand All

Registration is a mutually-beneficial service that promotes two-way communication between neighborhoods and the City. The information on file with the City:

  • provides the Association with notification of any zoning changes, plan amendments, variances, appeals, historic landmark demolition, or historic designation applications within 200’ of the registered boundary
  • is used by City Council offices and various departments for important City-related communication
  • endures through changes in staff, City Council office, and the City organization, keeping neighborhoods in the know
  • helps new residents connect with their Association
  • allows prospective developers to connect with affected Associations regarding proposed projects
  • provides the Association with free meeting space at City libraries

Some information is required for registration by the Unified Development Code (Section 35-408), while other information helps us connect residents or staff with the association. It is critical that our information is accurate, so that your neighborhood receives all intended notifications. The information used for notification is published online, and can be viewed here. Additional information may be made public through an Open Records Request. If you have any questions about how your information is used, please contact Neighborhood Engagement staff.

Keep in mind that attorney fees vary. Contact multiple attorneys to obtain information. Consider free mediation through the Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center. Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid is a nonprofit organization that provides free legal services in over 30 practice areas to residents who qualify.
In addition to notification required by state law, Section 35-403 of the City’s Unified Development Code states that the City will notify registered associations of certain public hearings within 200 feet of the registered neighborhood boundary. This courtesy notification is mailed to the point of contact on file with the City, who is then responsible for distributing the information. Courtesy notice is NOT sent to every individual property owner in the neighborhood association.

Please review the most current registry to ensure that your association is registered, and that the point of contact and their contact information are correct. If you need to update contact information for an association, submit an update form through our website.
No city or state agency regulates home or property owners’ associations. The office of the Secretary of State does not have the authority to investigate or regulate the internal activities of home or property owners’ associations and cannot take any action against an association for failing to comply with its bylaws or governing documents.

If the association is on file with the Secretary of State, the SOS office can provide the information on record. Depending on the organizational form of the entity, however, the home or property owners’ association may not be required to register with the secretary of state. For assistance in resolving these issues, consult a private attorney.
The City of San Antonio does not have the authority to regulate or enforce an association’s bylaws or their arrangement with a management company.

Homeowners Associations
Collapse All Expand All
Refer to the Texas Residential Property Owners Protection Act, Chapter 209 of the Texas Property Code.
Refer to the Uniform Condominium Act, Chapter 82 of the Texas Property Code.
Under the Texas Business Organization Code, such e-mails should be disclosed upon request. Homeowners do not have the right to participate in board discussions, but may be recognized and allowed to speak at a meeting by the board chair.
State law, then city ordinances, then CC&Rs, in that order.
Members may choose to seek free mediation through the Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center, elect new board members, or hire a private attorney to take legal action. The City of San Antonio does not have the authority to regulate or enforce an association’s bylaws.
These are complaints that may be addressed by the City, if city ordinances are being violated. Noise complaints may be reported to the SAPD non-emergency line, (210) 207-7273. Complaints regarding vehicles on public streets can be reported by calling 3-1-1.

Neighborhood Engagement Division

Contact us by email