FAIR HOUSING/HOUSING COUNSELING/RENTAL & MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE FOR RENTERS AND HOMEOWNERS
The goal of the Fair Housing/ Housing Counseling Program is to help residents maintain housing stability, which is key to family well-being. The program is a Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counseling agency. The Fair Housing Program provides the following services to rental tenants, homeowners and landlords:
- Tenant and landlord mediation
- Default counseling to homeowners
- Housing Discrimination Complaints
- Referrals and community outreach
- Rent/Mortgage & Utility Assistance
Refer to the Fair Housing Guide for more information.
Resident Relocation Assistance Program (RRAP). This assistance is to provide relocation assistance to households impacted by redevelopment, rehabilitation, or a code enforcement action against the owner of the multifamily development or mobile home park in which they reside. The policy also provides relocation assistance for households who experience at least 5% increase in rental housing cost, resulting in the dwelling unit being unaffordable to the household.
Rent/Mortgage & Utility Assistance Process
- Household possess Court Order Eviction/ Notice to Vacate/Delinquency Mortgage Notice/ Increase in rent (arrears rent/mortgage)
- Household Hardship (documentation will be required)
- Submit application & documents in person to the Fair Housing Program at 1400 S. Flores St, San Antonio, Texas 78204
- Staff will review documents and schedule intake appointment date and time
- Staff will notify you and landlord/mortgage company of eligibility and assistance amount at intake appointment
***Assistance is based on funding availability, income eligibility, and hardship.
***Payment process to landlord/mortgage company can be 5-7 business days from completed intake appointment.