Mr. Homer Garcia III has been with the City of San Antonio organization since 2001 and in his service with the City, Homer has worked in the Auditor’s Office as well as the Department of Human Services and Animal Care Services. Homer has been with Parks and Recreation since 2009 and was promoted to Assistant Director in early 2017 overseeing the Department’s Park Operations to include trades work and daily park/trail maintenance, urban tree canopy, natural resources and the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program. In February 2020, Mr. Garcia was appointed Director of the Parks and Recreation Department after serving on an interim basis since July 2019.
• Bachelor of Business Administration, Texas State University
• Master of Business Administration, Our Lady of the Lake University
• Certified Public Manager, State of Texas and the National Certified Public Manager Consortium
Professional Membership & Community Involvement
• Local Government Hispanic Network
• National Recreation and Park Association
• Texas Recreation and Parks Society
Mr. Garcia is married to a local educator and the proud parent of three children. Mr. Garcia is a native of San Antonio, Texas.