(San Antonio, TX – June 8, 2017) Fit Pass, San Antonio Parks and Recreation’s award winning program is back for its fifth installment this summer. The program offers FREE fitness and wellness activities while encouraging residents to get to know their City and lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
The program officially kicks off at Pearsall Park on June 10 with the Fit Pass Dash 5K at
8:00 a.m. Activities will continue through 11:00 a.m. and will include free Fitness in the Park classes, health and wellness vendors, health screenings and prize giveaways. Carpooling to the event is highly recommended due to the high volume of traffic expected. Free shuttling from Alan Shepard Middle School located at 5558 Roy Ellison Dr. will be available from 7:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Participants will receive Fit Pass passports at the event to begin earning and tracking their points. ‘Fit Passers’ are also encouraged to download the free SA Parks Fitness mobile app available for iOS http://apple.co/25M67ci and Android http://bit.ly/28kcbef for a list of activities and to track points.
Fit Pass participants have the opportunity to spend the summer with family and friends staying active in a fun and challenging way while also working towards winning some great prizes and maintaining good health. Hundreds of activities will be offered across the City beginning June 10 through July 29. Fit Passers earn an unlimited amount of points by participating in activities that vary between fitness, volunteering and nutrition to earn GREAT prizes. Upon completing an activity the participant will receive a stamp or a code to enter in the app from a Fit Pass or activity representative.
Fit Pass gets more exciting every year! What’s new for 2017?
- TEAMS: Have a group of friends you want to play Fit Pass with? Participants can create a team of 10 or more, and each team member must attend at least one event. The team with the highest average points per player wins the team category.
- BONUS POINTS: We’ll be offering bonus points throughout the summer for sharing events and photos on social media through the SA Parks Fitness app.
- CATEGORIES: To be eligible for the grand prizes, participants will need to complete three events in four categories:
The last day to earn Fit Pass points is July 29 and the last day to turn in a Fit Pass passport is August 5. For Fit Pass activities, rules and more information visit SAParksandRec.com or call 207-3221.
There are always more ways to explore the fun at www.SAParksandRec.com!
Stay up-to-date on opportunities offered by the Parks and Recreation Department:
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @SAParksandRec
- YouTube: COSAParksandRec
- Text SAParksandRec to 22828