Phase 3 (Current)
It’s important to remember that indicators for public access to facilities and park amenities in each phase include : a stable decrease of new COVID-19 cases; appropriate support for medically at-risk populations; and, the ability to effectively monitor, test, trace, and isolate new cases. Updates on the re-opening of park amenities will be posted at saparksandrec.com and social media channels @saparksandrec.
About the Re-opening Plan
On April 28, the COVID-19 Health Transition Team appointed by Mayor Ron Nirenberg and County Judge Nelson Wolff released a multi-phase plan for reopening our community as safely as possible. The plan offers guidance based on public health evidence, data, and expertise to re-open San Antonio and Bexar County.
Read more about the Health Transition Team's Implementation Plan. For more details on the re-opening phases, please visit the COVID-19 Health Transition Team’s Report, A Guide to Opening San Antonio and Bexar County.
Parks & Trails
• City parks, trails, dog parks and green spaces are open.
• Basketball courts, fitness stations, playgrounds, skate parks and sports fields are open.
• Tennis courts and disc golf courses are open.
• Bathrooms and water fountains are open.
• Splash pads remain closed until March 2021.
• Outdoor pools will resume seasonal operations (May – Aug. 2021)
• Ron Darner Reservations Office is open.
• Community Center reservations for indoor space are not yet available.
• The Enrique Barrera Fitness Center is open.
• Select Adult & Senior Centers are currently closed.
• Natatorium is open with a limited capacity and modified programming.
• Urban Ecology Center at Hardberger Park is open with a limited capacity.
• Daytime Virtual Learning Hubs will open in 4 locations with an anticipated capacity of 50 participants per location.
• Programs at 9 community center locations will be available in the evenings Monday – Friday and Saturdays.
Social Distancing Information:
If you choose to visit a park, please follow CDC and local health guidelines and practice social distancing.