Fit Pass, San Antonio Parks and Recreations favorite fitness and wellness scavenger hunt, completed it's 6th season on August 18. Be sure to turn in your passport to qualify for prizes. Passports can be turned into any Parks and Recreation facility or mailed to SA Parks & Recreation, 5800 Enrique Barrera Pkwy, San Antonio, TX 78227 Attn: Fit Pass 2018 If you used the SA Parks Fitness app, your points will automatically be downloaded. Be sure to sign up for the Fit Pass Finale on Sept. 8 at Lady Bird Johnson Park. More information can be found at this link: https://www.sanantonio.gov/ParksAndRec/News-Events/Events/Event-Details/ArtMID/15385/ArticleID/13630/Fit-Pass-Finale-5K-Awards-Ceremony?Park=&Facility=
See the Fit Pass Passport for a list of activities
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @SAParksFitness to stay up-to-date on registration and event information. You can also download our mobile app (SA Parks Fitness) and allow Push Notifications in your phone settings. Get Ready. Get Set. Get Fit San Antonio!
Fit Pass Dash 5K Race Results
5K Run Results, Competitive Walk Results
H-E-B Grocery Tours
Get healthy by taking a tour with a H-E-B Registered Dietician. Pre-register below, one tour per person. Meet at the Pharmacy 10 minutes before the tour begins.
- June 20 – Blanco and 1604, 1150 NW Loop 1604 (4pm– 5pm) Register
- July 6 – Take a Virtual Tour, (10am– 11am) with H-E-B, information will be emailed upon registration. Register
- July 24 - 10718 Potranco Rd, (6pm– 7pm) Register
- August 15 - 12125 Alamo Ranch Pkwy, (10am– 11am) Register
Parks and Recreation - Volunteer
Be part of our team by volunteering with your Parks and Recreation Department.
Email Henry Arredondo for more details and to RSVP at Henry.Arredondo@sanantonio.gov
- July 5th – 4th of July clean up at Woodlawn Lake Park (8am to 10am)
- ADDED - July 26th - Brackenridge Park (8:30am to 10:30am) This opportunity is open to Fit Pass participants to assist with cutting down and removing overgrown bamboo.
- July 28th – Playground Mulch at Pearsall Park (9am to 11am)
Be sure to check the Fit Pass webpage for added events by our partners during the summer. All added events are also announced on social media.
Completed Added Events
- July 11,18, 25 and Aug. 1 - Viva Bien! Live Well with Diabetes - additional class dates are being offered by CentroMed! Learn how to have control over diabetes, prevent complications, and make healthy choices. Nutrition professionals from the San Antonio Food Bank will teach and share a new recipe each week. Classes are from 3pm-4pm at Southside CentroMed's Encinco ballroom, 3800 Commercial Ave. Pre-register with Kristen Hall by phone 210-334-3768 or email Kristen.Hall@centromedsa.com. Free class, 2 Fit Pass points.
- National Disc Golf Day -Earn 3 Fit Pass points on Aug. 4 at Pearsall Park Disc Golf Course from 9:00 am –
11:00 am that morning. The first 100 people will get a free disc.
- July 14 - This event is at capacity and we are no longer taking registration. Coyote Boot Camp, Enrique Barrera Community Fitness Center, 5800 Enrique Barrera Parkway (11am-12pm) Take a boot camp class lead by the Spurs Coyote, complete this workout for a chance to win prizes. Must be present at class to be eligible. Free class, 4 Fit Pass points.
- July 21 - First Saturday Hike (rescheduled from July 7th)8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. | Saturday, July 21 | Friedrich Wilderness Park
Enjoy a guided fitness hike along Friedrich’s most scenic trails, including Bosque Trail, Vista Loop and Main Loop while learning about the park’s diverse ecosystem. This hike will cover approximately 3.25 miles of trails. RSVP required. Visit FOSANA.org to reserve your spot. Suggested donation: $3 per person, $6 per family. For more information, call 210-207-3782 or email email@example.com.
- July 26th - Brackenridge Park (8:30am to 10:30am) This opportunity is open to Fit Pass participants to assist with cutting down and removing overgrown bamboo.