Reservations & Permits

Reservation How to

Park Pavilion reservations will open 4/12/21 and can be done online through the department’s reservation system. Reservation of select indoor gymnasiums will begin later in the Spring contingent on hiring. Permit holders are responsible for ensuring COVID-19 protocols are adhered to (Maintaining Social Distancing/Masks Required When Not Engaged in Active Play).

For information on reservations during this time, please call 210-207-7275.


Parks and Facilities

The San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide variety of facilities suitable for special occasions such as birthday parties, family reunions, and wedding receptions. 

The following facilities require reservation for special events:

  • Parks
  • Gazebo and Club House*
  • Community centers
  • Sports fields
  • Pavilions*

To see a listing of available parks and amenities, visit the Parks and Facilities Directory.
*Please note only one reservation allowed per day for pavilion, gazebo and club house rentals.

Online Reservations

Reservations for park pavilions, sports fields, gymnasiums, and community centers can now be made online. Please see the FAQs & Info tab below for resources to assist with answering questions and making reservations. For additional assistance with events, such as 5K runs, festivals, etc., please see more information on the Special Events tab below. 

Reservation Process

Reservations for Parks and Recreation Department facilities, including pavilions, can be made by utilizing the following steps:

  • To assist you in quickly finding a park in your area, utilize the Park Locator Map
    This tool allows you to input your address and specify how close you want the park to be (i.e. within 2 miles or 5 miles, etc.)
  • Once you identify parks in your area, you can visit All Parks and Facilities Directory to find more information on amenities available in those parks. 
    You may have to widen your search to other parks in order to find the amenity most suited to your needs. Parks with pavilions or other amenities that can be rented will have links on their web pages that allow you to check their availability.
  • Look at park availability links to determine if the facility you would like to rent is available on the date of your special occasion.
  • Some facilities are available for reservations on-line using a credit or debit card for payment.  Use the 'Start Your Reservation' button to complete reservations on line.
  • Reservations Staff is available to assist with reservations arrangements by visiting the Ron Darner Parks and Recreation Headquarters, 5800 Enrique M. Barrera Parkway  (formerly 5800 Old Highway 90 West) (Map ). Parking is free. 
  • Once you have finalized the reservation, please remember to take a copy of your permit with you to the reservation.  

Contact Us

For more information:
Call  210.207.7275
Email comments and inquiries to the

Reservation TIPS


  • The facility in which you are interested may be reserved by someone else after you look at availability online.
    • For facilities available for reservations on-line using credit or debit card payments, we recommend that you complete the transaction in order to ensure that you reserve the facility. 
    • For assistance with reservation transactions at the Ron Darner Headquarters, we recommend you have more than one choice in mind when you come as facilities may be reserved by the time you visit our office.  Cash, checks and major credit cards are accepted at our Reservations Office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
  • Give yourself plenty of time for this process. During certain seasons, such as the spring and summer, we have a high volume of reservation requests with personnel handling both telephone inquiries and customers on-site. We will handle calls and visitors in the order in which they are received. The more you know about your needs before you arrive, the more quickly we can assist you. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
  • Please call  210.207.7275 or email for more information or to help answer questions.
  • Learn more about Bexar County Parks.

Special Events

Large special events such as concerts, runs, walks, fund-raisers and festivals must be booked through the department’s special events coordinator.

Large Special Events usually require:

  • Special event policies and procedures
  • Deposits for damage and cleanup
  • Liability insurance
  • Security (some cases)

Contact Us

For more information:
Call  210.207.3053
Email comments and inquiries to the

  • Bexar County Parks has its own reservation system for county parks. For information on how to reserve those parks, go to or call  210.335.7275.
  • Reservable Parks

    • Bullis County Park
    • Comanche Park
    • Harlandale Civic Center
    • MacArthur Park
    • Mission County Park II
    • Mission Park Pavilions
    • Orsinger Park
    • Pletz Park
    • Raymond Russell Park
    • Rodriguez Park
    • South San Civic Center

    Passive Parks

    • Covington County Park
    • Hidalgo County Park
    • Padre County Park

    Related Links

    Commanders House

    Roosevelt Club House Kitchen

    Roosevelt Clubhouse Patio
    Saturday, May 15, 2021