Visit the project website to learn more.
What is the Comprehensive Plan?
SA Tomorrow is the City's 25-year framework that guides future growth and development. Adopted by City Council in August 2016, it addresses a wide range of topics that affect how we experience the city. These topics include land use, economic development, housing, environmental protection, cultural and historic preservation, transportation, and more. The City's Planning Department has launched an effort to begin implementing the SA Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan to ensure that it remains responsive to the needs of the community.
Comprehensive Plan and Supporting Documents
Why is it important?
Bexar County is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents, with 500,000 new jobs, and 500,000 new dwelling units by 2040. If not properly prepared for this growth, the impacts could have significant consequences. For example, traffic congestion and commute times could increase which would in turn affect our air quality and overall quality of life.
Having a vision is critical to the long-term success of our City. It is the guiding documents that City of San Antonio agencies, residents, employers, developers and other stakeholders use to ensure that we retain a high quality of life for our residents. Further, SA Tomorrow:
- Shapes the places we live, work, shop and play.
- Guides the public services, infrastructure (streets, sidewalks, light posts, etc.), and capital investments that make our City so desirable.
- Guides the use, density, and design of buildings within San Antonio, directly shaping the City's physical form as it changes and develops in the future while preserving what's important to our community.
Your Input is Needed!
Your ideas, insights and suggestion are essential to a successful implementation process. You can help determine how the Comprehensive Plan should address the City's current and future needs. Where do you need better roadways? What would help you reach the services in your area? What services can be improved?
There is a need for conversations about the changes happening in the City and what is anticipated and desired in the future. Your input will be used to ensure that the SA Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan remains responsive to residents needs in different communities.
How Can You Get Involved?
There are multiple ways to engage in the process and help shape the future of your City.
- Email email@example.com
- Attend a public meeting.
- Reach out to your Council District for knowledge of future developments in your area.
- Word of Mouth. Talk to your friends and neighbors about the future of your City and encourage them to participate.
- Like us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to stay up to date on the latest news, events, and happening.
- Join our mailing list!