Signage: Flashing Beacons
A flashing beacon operates in a flashing mode to supplement regulatory or warning signs in order to increase awareness.
- Draws attention to regulatory or warning sign, such as reduced speed school zone signs
- Cannot be placed close to trees due to the solar panels that power the device
- Must have sufficient right-of-way for placement of the unit
- School zone locations
- Pedestrian crossing locations
- Overhead flashing beacons are required for streets with two or more lanes of traffic in each direction