Signage: Speed Limit Radar Unit Signs
Speed limit radar unit signs are supplemental traffic control devices which inform motorists of their operating speed on a digital display.
- Alerts motorists of their operating speed, which may encourage them to slow down
- Radar units signs are not appropriate on streets with high volumes
- Radar unit signs may require regular enforcement to be effective
- Operating speeds are 10 mph or more over the posted speed limit
- Must have sufficient right-of-way for placement of the unit