Signage: Turn Restrictions
Turn restrictions may be used on local streets to reduce traffic congestion or a pattern of crashes.
- Deters cut-through traffic on residential streets
- Addresses accident problems such as rear-end or right angle crashes
- Turn restrictions require regular enforcement to be effective
- Residents, San Antonio Police and Fire Departments may be inconvenienced by the turn restrictions
- Documented cut-through traffic should represent 25 percent or more of the total daily street volume
- History of accidents that can be corrected by a turn restriction