Temporary Parking Permits – Downtown Area only
Temporary parking permits for the downtown area are handled by the Right-of-Way Management Division. Parking permits are necessary to ensure efficient traffic flow and pedestrian movement and to make sure that businesses and residential areas are not negatively affected. Parking permits are purchased to reserve a parking meter for an entire day. Parking permits are also purchased to allow a vehicle to park in a commercial loading zone for a period of time longer than the posted time limit. Requests for temporary parking permits must be submitted to the Right-of-Way Management Division at least seven calendar days prior to the date for which the closure is needed.
Please have the following information available when you call:
- Name of the street and both cross streets that it intersects.
- The type of vehicle going to be parked at the location, e.g., passenger car, truck, etc.
- The dates for which you are requesting the parking permit.
- Name of applicant.
- Meter # if reserving parking meter(s).
- Type of loading zone (i.e., Commercial, Passenger).
Contact the Right-of-Way Management Division at 210.542.8921 to request a temporary parking permit.