Contact: Sgt. Michelle Ramos – 207-7579 Date: June 5, 2019 Release No: 19-033
The San Antonio Police Department is proud to announce that it is joining the free Neighbors app by Ring to provide the San Antonio community with real-time, local crime and safety information. Neighbors aims to reduce crime in neighborhoods by connecting people, security cameras and law enforcement.
“The San Antonio Police Department is excited to partner with Neighbors by Ring. This collaboration provides our officers and detectives yet another resource in our efforts to improve the quality of life for the residents of San Antonio. By working together, we can create safer communities.” - Chief of Police William P. McManus
How It Works
- To download the Neighbors app for free on iOS or Android click here: https://download.ring.com/sanantonio or text ‘sapd’ to 555888 from your smartphone.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
San Antonio: America’s 21st Century City
San Antonio is a global city with a dynamic economy and workforce, a deep cultural heritage and diverse communities that are resilient and welcoming. It is one of the strongest fiscally managed cities in the country, nurturing entrepreneurship, encouraging investment and funding infrastructure. America’s seventh-largest city offers a vibrant business climate and growth opportunities in bioscience, financial services, aerospace, cybersecurity, energy, transportation, manufacturing and healthcare. In 2015, UNESCO designated San Antonio’s 18th century Spanish colonial missions as a World Heritage Site – the first in Texas. Proudly called Military City, USA®, San Antonio is home to one of the largest populations of active duty military, veterans and crucial military commands. For more information, visit www.sanantonio.gov.