Transportation & Capital Improvements
Right of Way & Permits


  • Physical Address
  • Municipal Plaza Building
    114 W. Commerce, 6th Floor
    San Antonio, TX 78205   
  • Mailing Address
  • P.O. Box 839966
    San Antonio, TX 78283-3966
  • Phone
  • 210.207.8022


  • Razi Hosseini, P.E.
    Interim Director/City Engineer
  • Anthony Chukwudolue, P.E.
    Deputy Director
  • Arthur Reinhardt, P.E., C.F.M.
    Interim Deputy Director
  • Christie Chapman
    Assistant Director
  • Nefi Garza, P.E.
    Assistant Director
  • Paul Berry
    Chief Communications Officer

Right of Way (ROW) Services is responsible for maintaining construction activity within the City’s right-of-way, primarily regulating the activities of utility companies that have a significant amount of infrastructure in the City’s roadway. Through permitting and coordination, we ensure that all construction activities are well coordinated and impacts are mitigated to reduce public inconvenience, guarantee proper street repair and ensure all regulations are enforced appropriately. Right of Way regulations are made available through the ROW Ordinance(pdf) and the Utility Excavation Criteria Manual (UECM)(pdf) which contain guidelines for work methods and related safety procedures. All Right of Way users must be registered with the City prior to obtaining permits. Once a user is registered, permits are obtained online at:

The issuance temporary street closure permits, and temporary parking permits in the Central Business District (CBD) are also available through our Right of Way office. To obtain more information on how to obtain a permit for either of these services, please click below.

Effective April 1, 2017 - The Project Information Form is to be submitted to Right of Way Management at least 30 days prior to the start of any planned project (excavation of 50 linear feet or greater). Click here to send completed forms for fiber-related projects. Click here to send completed forms for all other projects.


Small Cell Permits


Is your construction project is requiring cutting the pavement of a City Street, you must apply for a permit.

Thinking of excavating or looking for utilities? Then call before you dig.

Inspector Assigned Areas & Contact Info

Temporary Street Closure Procedures - Block Parties

Temporary Street Closure Procedures - Construction Activities

Temporary Parking Permits




Transportation & Capital Improvements

Connect with the

Transportation & Capital Improvements

Featured Items
Title VI

Title VI nondiscrimination information More

Disability Access Office

Disability Access OfficeADA and accessibility ...More