The City of San Antonio cannot address graffiti alone. It also takes the dedication of residents, businesses, community leaders and others to make an impact. Volunteer opportunities are available year round and include the following formal programs:
- Mini-wipeout group events
- Individual volunteer abatement efforts
- Adopt-A-Park (through Parks & Recreation Department)
Scheduled for groups of at least 10 volunteers. Paint, supplies and a location are provided for the 1-2 hour clean-ups. Community service hour certificates are also available. Smaller groups are encouraged to assist with the painting of CPS Energy infrastructure along neighborhood corridor. For more information or to volunteer, email Lisa McKenzie or via phone at 210-207-5430.
INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Individuals can pick up a supply kit, free of charge, from their respective city council field office. Kits include:
- wipes for smooth surfaces
- safety vest (by request)
- goggles (by request)
A partnership between the City of San Antonio and Waste Management (WM) provides free green paint and supplies to volunteers interested in abating graffiti on Waste Management dumpsters. To adopt, complete these steps.
- Complete a Graffiti Volunteer Application to include proposed sites and photo documentation of the dumpster(s).
- Obtain signed Right of Entry Waiver (ROE) from property owner.
- Coordinate pick-up/delivery of paint and supplies as well as signed Liability Release forms for all volunteers.
Adopt-A-PARK (PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT)
Your group, business or organization may adopt a park after consultation with Parks & Recreation staff. City staff will assist you in determining which park will benefit most from your efforts and will be most convenient for your corps of volunteers. Maintenance efforts may include: graffiti removal, litter pick-up, small-scale gardening and landscaping, sweeping walkways, painting and tree planting and stewardship. We ask that your group make a commitment for one year. To sign-up, or to receive more information, email Meredith Tilley or contact via phone at 210.207.8603.