Current City Council Committee Assignments:
- Governance - Subcommittee on Boards and Commissions
- Governance - Chair of Council Aide Compensation Ad Hoc Committee
- Governance - Subcommittee for Planning At-Large Appointments
- Governance - Subcommittee for Presiding/Municipal Judge Selections
- Audit & Accountability
- Community Health & Equity
- Inter-Governmental Relations
- San Antonio Housing Trust
- Alamo Area Council of Governments
- Port Authority of San Antonio
- Chair of Committee of Six
- San Antonio Fire and Police Pension Fund
- Verano Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #28
- San Antonio Sports Foundation
A life-long resident of San Antonio, Adriana Rocha Garcia, Ph.D. was raised in and continues to call Southwest San Antonio home. Dr. Garcia has a passion for working with organizations that help San Antonio’s most underrepresented demographics. Raised in a Spanish-speaking household to parents with a first and second grade Mexican education, she became the first in her family with a college degree.
Dr. Garcia received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, Texas, to stay in town to care for her parents. Upon graduation from Incarnate Word, she was offered a job in the university’s Office of Public Relations and completed her Master’s degree from the same university one year later. In 2004, she was in a cohort of 12 students accepted into the University of Texas at Austin's Doctoral Advertising program, where ten years and many miles later, she became one of the first Hispanics to earn a Ph.D. in Advertising from UT’s prestigious Moody College of Communication.
Dr. Garcia has held various administrative and consulting communications and marketing positions throughout her life, in organizations like SAMMinistries Furniture for A Cause, the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the City of San Antonio, Southwest ISD, and Project QUEST. Today, Dr. Garcia is molding tomorrow’s leaders as an Assistant Marketing Professor at Our Lady of the Lake University, where she teaches marketing in the School of Business and Leadership.