For members of the media, please contact:
Laura Mayes, City of San Antonio (210) 207-1337
Michelle Vigil, City of San Antonio (210) 207-8172
For questions from the general public, please contact:
COVID-19 Hotline (210) 207-5779
SAN ANTONIO (March 19, 2020) — While the City of San Antonio Department of Human Services operated Senior Centers and Nutrition Sites are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Declaration, meals and San Antonio Food Bank commodities are available for pickup or delivery by the Department of Human Services.
All Senior Center members enrolled in the Senior Nutrition Program will receive meal distributions and San Antonio Food Bank commodities at the senior centers during the closure. Seniors needing a meal or Food Bank commodities may contact the Department of Human Services senior center nearest to them for services:
- West End Park Senior Center, 210-207-1720
- District 2 Senior Center, 210-207-5390
- South Side Lions Senior Center, 210-207-1760
- Willie Cortez Senior Center, 210-207-5295
- District 5 Senior Center, 210-207-5270
- Normoyle Senior Center, 210-207-5650
- Alicia Treviño Lopez Senior Center, 210-558-0178
- Doris Griffin Senior Center, 210-780-7444
- Bob Ross Senior Center, 210-207-5300
- Northeast Senior Center, 210-207-4590
Seniors may also call the Human Services Senior Services Division at 210-207-7172.
Other resources available to seniors:
- San Antonio Food Bank Commodities, 210-431-8326
- Meals on Wheels, 210-735-5115
- Alamo Service Connection / Senior Services, 210-477-3275
FOUR SIMPLE WAYS TO GET COVID-19 ALERTS
- Download the Ready South Texas app, available in the iTunes and Google Play stores, to receive updates on the COVID-19 situation in San Antonio.
- Text COSAGOV to 55000 to receive SMS text message updates.
- Bookmark www.sanantonio.gov
- Follow @COSAGOV on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Public service announcements on social distancing, prevention and testing are available in English, Spanish and American Sign Language here.
Posters, guidance letters and other materials are available at this link.