CONTACT: For members of the media, please contact:
Laura Mayes, City of San Antonio (210) 207-1337
Michelle Vigil, City of San Antonio (210) 207-8172
For questions from the general public, please contact:
COVID-19 Hotline (210) 207-5779
SAN ANTONIO (July 30, 2020) – The City of San Antonio’s COVID-19 PreK-12 Consultation Group, which was invited to provide guidance to San Antonio Medical Director Dr. Junda Woo regarding the reopening of schools, invites the public to participate in a virtual town hall to discuss concerns and safety measures for the upcoming school year.
The virtual public meeting will take place on Wednesday, August 5th at 7 p.m. The public is invited to watch live on the City’s website, the City’s Facebook page, channels AT&T 99, Grande 20, Spectrum 21 and digital antenna 16.1. Residents can also listen live by dialing 210-207-5555 and selecting option 1 for English or option 2 for Spanish. The meeting will feature live audience polling during the meeting.
On July 17, Dr. Woo issued a health directive requiring that all public and private schools not re-open for on-campus, face-to-face instruction until after September 7, 2020.
During the meeting, City officials will also launch the public health indicators that the City will track regarding the re-opening of on-campus, face-to-face instruction. The indicators will serve as a guide to assess the local situation and ensure a safe and healthy environment for students, teachers, and staff at all local schools.
The COVID-19 PreK-12 Consultation Group, co-chaired by Dr. Woo and David Nungaray, Principal of the Bonham Academy, includes students, teachers, principals, parents, school board members, academics and pediatricians.
COVID-19 and Schools Virtual Town Hall
- Wednesday August 5, 7 p.m.
- Watch or listen live on the City’s website, the City’s Facebook page, channels AT&T 99, Grande 20, Spectrum 21 and digital antenna 16.1. Residents can also listen live by dialing 210-207-5555 and selecting option 1 for English or option 2 for Spanish. The meeting will feature live audience polling during the meeting.
FOUR WAYS TO SIGN UP FOR COVID-19 ALERTS
- Download the Ready South Texas app, available in the iTunes and Google Play stores
- Text COSAGOV to 55000 to receive SMS text message updates
- Follow @COSAGOV on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Bookmark covid19.sanantonio.gov
Public service announcements are available here.