CONTACT: Tina J. Flores, LPEC, (210) 207-7253
SAN ANTONIO (Jan.7, 2021) – The Office of the City Clerk will be accepting applications for a place on the May 1, 2021 General Election ballot from Wednesday, Jan. 13 through Friday, Feb. 12, 2021 at 5:00 PM. Applications will be accepted in our office located in the Municipal Plaza Building, 114 W. Commerce St., First Floor.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, only the candidate may come into our office to file their application for a place on the ballot. If special assistance is required, one other person may accompany the candidate. All who enter the Office of the City Clerk must wear a mask, be temperature-checked, and answer a series of COVID-19 symptom screening questions at the security desk at the entrance to the Municipal Plaza Building. The only public entrance is located on Treviño Alley between the San Fernando Cathedral and the Municipal Plaza Building.
Qualified candidates must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be a registered voter of the City of San Antonio;
- have resided in San Antonio for at least 1 year prior to filing an application for a place on the ballot;
- have resided in their respective City Council District for at least 6 months prior to filing an application for a place on the ballot;
- submit 2 supplemental documents verifying residency; and
- remit $100 filing fee in the form of cash, check, or money order made to the City of San Antonio (credit cards not accepted)
Early voting by personal appearance for the May 1, 2021 General Election begins on Monday, April 19, 2021 and ends Tuesday, April 27, 2021.
To obtain additional information regarding the Election, please visit our web page or contact us by phone at (210) 207-7253.