CONTACT: Jeff Coyle, (210) 207-7910
Carlos Valenzuela, (210) 207-3919
SAN ANTONIO (March 11, 2021) — On February 22, 2021, Mayor Ron Nirenberg announced the formation of the Select Committee on the 2021 Winter Storm Preparedness and Response, which has been renamed the Committee on Emergency Preparedness. The committee, comprised of City Councilmembers and community stakeholders, will study the preparedness and response to the recent winter weather event and make recommendations on future preparedness efforts. The committee will hold its next meeting on Friday, March 12, 2021 at 10 a.m.
The meeting will be held in the Board Room of the Development and Business Services Center, 1901 South Alamo, San Antonio, Texas 78204. The meeting will be broadcast/livestream on TVSA in English and Spanish, www.sanantonio.gov/TVSA, AT&T channel 99, Grande channel 20, Spectrum channel 21, digital antenna 16.1 or by dialing (210) 207-5555.
- Chair - Reed Williams, former City Councilmember
- Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia, City Council District 4
- Ana Sandoval, City Council District 7
- Manny Pelaez, City Council District 8
- Clayton Perry, City Council District 10
- Lisa Tatum, former assistant criminal district attorney and president of Texas Bar Association
- General Edward A. Rice Jr. (RET)
To protect the health of the public and limit the potential spread of COVID-19, health and safety protocols to include on-site screening, face masks, and social distancing will be in place, in accordance with the current Mayor's Emergency Declaration and Health Directives.
More information about the committee can be found at www.sanantonio.gov.