CONTACT: Victoria Villarreal, 210-207-2577
SAN ANTONIO (April 8, 2021) — Beginning April 13, San Antonio Public Library (SAPL) will reopen for Brisk Browsing at all locations except Central Library, Forest Hills, McCreless, Memorial, and San Pedro Branch Libraries as they are undergoing renovation. SAPL locations have been closed for browsing since March 2020 at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. SAPL’s new Brisk Browsing service, which provides one-way traffic browsing of SAPL’s collection, will allow visitors to explore the shelves inside SAPL locations for the first time in over one year!
Contact-Free Pickup, computer access by appointment, and outdoor Wi-Fi will continue, with the addition of Brisk Browsing.
Brisk Browsing & Contact-Free Pickup Schedule
- Tuesday 12PM – 8PM
- Wednesday – Saturday 10AM – 6PM
Computer Appointments Schedule:
- Tuesday 3PM – 7PM
- Wednesday - Saturday 1PM - 5PM
Outdoor Wi-Fi Schedule:
Full details on updated services and protocols can be found at https://guides.mysapl.org/covid-19/how-to. The following protocols will be in place during Brisk Browsing:
- Temperature check and symptom screening
- Masks required for everyone over 10 years old
- Number of people in the building will be limited
- One-way directional signage and social distancing
- Holds can be picked up inside or with Contact-Free Pickup
- Study rooms and seating inside the library are currently unavailable, to allow for social distancing and to limit the number of people in the building
For information on ongoing virtual programming, visit mysapl.org/events. Please note, services are subject to change based on local health guidance and SAPL locations will be following approved City of San Antonio social distancing, mask requirements, and screening protocols.
Library staff is available by phone at 210-207-2500 or by chat at ask.mysapl.org.