HDRC Agenda and Case Information
The final, posted HDRC Agenda and case information can be viewed at the City's Agendas page.
The HDRC Agendas are divided into two sections:
- “A” Items will start at 3:00 pm and will include larger scale projects including commercial and large multi-family.
- “B” Items will start no earlier than 4:30 pm and will include smaller scale projects including residential additions and alterations and small (less than eight units) multi-family infill projects. This time may be adjusted from agenda to agenda depending on case volume. Please check all posted agendas for starting time.
All agenda items will be heard in the order they are posted. The B agenda items will not begin until after the A agenda items are completed.
Citizens To Be Heard on "A" items may sign up to speak until the meeting begins at 3:00 pm. Citizens to Be Heard on "B" items may sign up until the that portion of the agenda is heard. If a citizen is wishing to speak regarding a "B" item, they do not need to arrive any sooner than the posted time.
- OHP staff also publishes a PRELIMINARY Agenda which consists of complete applications received by the application deadline. These cases are not guaranteed to be included on the final, posted agenda.
- Would you like to be notified when the HDRC agenda or Preliminary Agenda is available? Sign up for HDRC Notifications.
- As of August 7, 2019, all HDRC hearings are available via livestream. Visit the City's TVSA page to view current and past videos of HDRC hearings.
- For additional information about the Historic and Design Review Commission (HDRC) please contact the Office of Historic Preservation at 210-207-0035.
HDRC Meeting Schedule
2019 Schedule of Meetings (PDF)
Time & Location
Development & Business Services Center, 1901 S Alamo St.
3:00 P.M. – Call to Order, consideration of "A" Items
4:30 P.M. – Consideration of "B" Items*
*Consideration of "B" Items may be adjusted from agenda to agenda depending on case volume. Please check all posted agendas for starting time.
What to Expect - Applicants and Property Owners:
It is not necessary to sign up to speak if you are the owner of, or representative for a project on the agenda. You will be called on as the case is called. Please come prepared to discuss your request and answer questions from Commission members. If you are able to, we ask that you please bring the red yard sign that was posted on your property to the meeting to return to OHP staff.
What to Expect - General Citizens:
The HDRC meetings are open to the public. Anyone who attends the meeting and wishes to speak in favor of or in opposition to any item on the agenda may sign up on the Citizens To Be Heard sheet. Citizens signed up to speak will be given 3 minutes of speaking time each.