All properties in historic and RIO districts, properties individually designated, and all public properties are required to obtain approval in the form of a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) from the Office of Historic Preservation (OHP) prior to starting work. Any work done without approval is subject to a $500 application fee. The OHP only reviews changes to the exterior of properties. Property owners should display their Certificate of Appropriateness form in a location visible from the street. Approvals are valid for up to 6 months.
Citations or Enforcement Inquiries
- Email us anytime using Report@SApreservation.com
- During business hours you may also contact OHP staff at 210-219-2093
- After hours violations can be reported by dialing 311
When Reporting Potential Violations or Concerns:
- Gather information
- Be prepared to provide the address of the property in question
- Provide a brief description of the potential violation or concern; be specific
- Emailed photographs are helpful but not necessary
Our code enforcement officer will visit the property in question and investigate whether work without a required approval has been completed. You may report violations anonymously, or request that our code enforcement officer provide an update following the investigation.