Keystone Park Historic District is comprised of the 1400 and 1500 blocks of W. Rosewood and W. Lynwood on the city’s near northwest side. The historic district was passed by an ordinance of City Council in August 2009 and is San Antonio’s 25th local historic district.
Originally known as Keystone Park Addition on San Antonio’s near northwest side, the neighborhood was platted between 1908 and 1910 by Clifton George. Little growth occurred until the 1920s, when developer L.E. Fite began construction of homes within the first phase of the neighborhood. Fite, the so called "Sub-Division Man" of San Antonio was a prolific developer in the early twentieth century and was responsible for 29 subdivisions around the city.
The homes within the Keystone Park Historic District were designed primarily in the Tudor Revival style, popular in the early twentieth century. Characteristic features include dominant cross gables on the facades, steeply pitched roofs, large chimneys, and arched entryways. Many of the homes are clad with brick, stone, or stucco. The area remains a cohesive and intact neighborhood indicative of early twentieth century suburban development.