The Department of Human Services’ Family Assistance Centers works with individuals and families and in the San Antonio/ Bexar County community.
The Training for Job Success program is designed to support individuals as they prepare for better employment that leads families to self-sufficiency.
Following are some of the resources and services available through the Training for Job Success Program for individuals seeking better employment:
- Job readiness activities such as assistance with résumé writing, interviewing skills and job leads
- Scholarship opportunities for Alamo Colleges Demand Occupations Training Programs
- Textbooks, supplies and uniforms required for Demand Occupations Training Programs
- One-on-One career coaching, case management services and counseling services
- Assistance with utilities and rent
- Connection to other community resources
* Eligible participants must meet income criteria upon enrollment into the program.
For more information, please contact the program.
Notice For Public Comment
A draft of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) 2021 - Community Action Plan and Budget is available for public viewing and public comment.
Public Comment Period:
Starts: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 PM on Sept. 9, 2020
Ends: 3:30 P.M. on Sept. 24, 2020
The City of San Antonio, Department of Human Services (DHS) is the designated Community Action Agency (CAA) and Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) eligible entity for San Antonio and Bexar County. The primary goal of the CSBG funding is to transition individuals and families out of poverty and promote financial self-sufficiency to reduce poverty in the Bexar County area for eligible residents.
The 2021 Draft Community Action Plan and Budget is scheduled to be approved by the Community Action Advisory Board (CAAB) on Sept. 24, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. via a WebEx Virtual Meeting.