Human Services Director
Melody Woosley was appointed Director of the Department of Human Services on December 9, 2013. Ms. Woosley is responsible for the City’s Human Services programs including Head Start, senior services, family assistance, homeless coordination, child care subsidy program, and nonprofit agency funding. She has oversight of a $152 million budget and a personnel complement of over 340.
Prior to her appointment, Ms. Woosley served as Assistant Director of Human Services from 2008 to November, 2012. In this role, she oversaw the Head Start Division, Consolidated Funding, and the City’s investment in the Haven for Hope Campus partnership.
Ms. Woosley has over twenty years of experience with the City of San Antonio, where she has served in various positions before joining the Human Services leadership team.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Southern Methodist University, Meadows School of the Arts
Professional Memberships and Community Involvement
- Eastside Promise Neighborhood Advisory Council
- P-16 Early Childhood Education Working Group
- National League of Cities – Faculty Consultant to Multi-City Asset Building Project
- United Way – Early Childhood Issue Council
- Trauma-Informed Care Consortium: Education PK-12 Sector Co-chair
- Successfully Aging and Living in San Antonio (SALSA) Steering Committee
- Bexar County Children and Youth Mental Health Initiative Steering Committee
- San Antonio Education Partnership Board of Directors
Ms. Woosley has one daughter and is married to Greg.