Camp Bullis was established in 1917 to train troops in preparation for the growing threat of war in Europe. It was named for Brig. Gen John Lapham Bullis, who as a lieutenant led during the Indian Wars.
Today, Camp Bullis is vital for training service personnel for our country's national security. Camp Bullis, a United States Army camp occupies 28,000 acres northwest of San Antonio in Bexar County. Contact information for Camp Bullis.
Camp Bullis Joint Land Use Study
The Camp Bullis Joint Land Use Study (JLUS) is the result of a collaborative planning process among the City of San Antonio, Bexar, Comal and Kendall Counties, other local jurisdictions/agencies, Camp Bullis/Ft. Sam Houston, and the land owners.
Produced by and for local communities, this JLUS is intended to identify, address and resolve encroachment issues between the military and it's civilian neighbors to promote compatible land uses and growth management guideline.
The Camp Bullis Joint Land Use Study was conducted by the Matrix Design Group, Inc.