Open Government

Email Government and Public Affairs Visit City of San Antonio on facebook Follow City of San Antonio on twitter City of San Antonio YouTube Videos City of San Antonio News Releases


Physical Address
506 Dolorosa
San Antonio, TX 78205


  • Moraima Mcgraw Contact staff member
    Public Information Officer
  • Jennifer Young
  • SAPD Open Records
    General inquiries: 210.207.7087
    Status update: 210.207.7320



For background checks/criminal history information, clearance letters, consulate/immigration letters and notary services, please review SAPD's complete details and instructions. Please note that these are not considered open records requests and should not be submitted through the portal.

In Person Basic Police Report

If you are interested in visiting the San Antonio Police Department in person, for same day service in obtaining a copy of the basic public portion of a single report, please visit us at 315 S. Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX 78207, on Monday through Fridays, from the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. View information on parking.

To ensure that privacy concerns are protected and legal standards are met, the City may object to certain types of reports that regard sensitive or common law privacy issues from being released.

  • These types of reports may not be readily releasable in person and/or may require that you produce a valid government issued photo identification card and birth certificates or court guardianship documents (for reports that regard minors) to determine your right of access.
  • It is recommended that you request such reports online and attach the supporting documentation to your request.
  • For more specifics on what types of information may be considered confidential information, please see the SAPD’s 133-FOIA form for more details

TXDOT Crash report

For a fast self-checkout option of purchasing a Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) Crash report (CR3), please go to the TXDOT’s automated system to receive a crash report directly from them.

  • You must wait a minimum of 5 business days from date of accident to search the system.
  • Your case number must contain the SAPD prefix along with a total of 8 numbers that follow, to constitute a valid Crash report (CR3) case number.
  • You may request certified copies with this option.

Open Records Requests Online Portal

The open records portal is your City’s online resource for open data. Submit an open records request, manage existing requests and view public information with our user-friendly system.

Note: Background checks should not be submitted through the online portal. Please review SAPD's complete details and instructions.

submit a request

Sign in to the Open Request Portal

The Open Records Portal link will take you outside the City of San Antonio's website. Should you have any questions, you can still contact the City's Open Government at 210.207.0297 or email

Tips for a successful request

A public information request must be in writing. A governmental body is not required to answer questions, perform legal research, or create new information in response to your public information request.

Providing as much information as possible within your request will allow departments to complete your request more efficiently. Information such as: name, address, date range, and subject matter.

For additional Open Government resources, visit the website of the Attorney General of Texas.

What is a police open records request?

Police requests consist of police reports, incident reports, crash/vehicle accident reports, calls for service, towing records, and 911 calls.

Where do I request water and utility shutoff?

Please contact SAWS at or CPS Energy at

Will there be a fee?

Requests expecting to exceed $40 will be provided with a cost estimate for your approval.

Standard fees (non-exclusive list):

  • Paper (single-sided, black and white, standard size) - $0.10 per page
  • General labor - $15 per hour (when over 50 pages are requested or records are provided electronically)
  • Overhead 20% of the general labor (when applicable)