Brush Collection Overview
Brush collection is provided to all City residential solid waste ratepayers. To find out if you are a solid waste customer, check your CPS Energy bill. If it lists a Solid Waste Fee, you are a customer and you are eligible to receive brush collection.
Brush collections are provided two times per year, approximately every six months.
Residents will receive a City flyer a week before brush collection in their area is scheduled to begin that will indicate the date by which their brush needs to be set out for collection.
Brush Pile Guidelines
- Brush pile must be manageable, approximately eight (8) cubic yards or less.
See image of 8 cu. yd. pile.
- Set out brush no later than 7:00 a.m. on the first day of your scheduled collection week.
- Place brush piles within eight (8) feet of the curb.
- Do not place brush piles in front of parked cars, near fences, trees, mailboxes, beneath overhead wires or low-hanging tree limbs, or on top of water meters.
- Do not place material at the curb after crews have passed by your house.
If you missed your scheduled collection, call 3-1-1 as soon as possible to learn about other disposal options.
Residents will be in violation with City Code Chapter 14 if any of the conditions below are demonstrated:
- Pile is set out when your area is not scheduled to receive collection.
- Pile contains non-brush material.
- Pile is obstructed by obstacles.
- Pile is set out after crews have passed your house (residents may receive a fine up to $2,000 a day, plus a fee for the collection and disposal of material).
Search for licensed tree maintenance professional.
Learn about proper tree pruning techniques and tree care.
Learn about oak wilt in Texas.